Disappointing products #1: Essence eyeliner, Rimmel lip balm

1:31:00 PM

Today's blog post is going to be all about disappointing products. And by disappointing I don't necessarily mean that I hate them, they just didn't live up to my standards or expectations ;). As always, I of course am going to find a way to use them and like them - or at least try. Also, please don't get offended if you like any of these products - for each their own, right?


Essence Waterproof Eyeliner Pen

The first product I want to talk about is this eyeliner. I bought it because of Tati (glamlifeguru), because she said it was her favourite drugstore eyeliner. I was looking for a good one at that time and didn't really know what I liked yet, so I decided to pick it up. Yes, I liked it at first. I can say it is really comfortable to use, the tip is really nice, perfectly thin and long. What I don't like about it is the pigmentation...


Here you can see it compared with my Celebrities Eyeliner by Eveline (in brown), which I really love and use it everyday - totally recommend. Anyways, back to the Essence liner. The pigmentation is nice IF you press hard enough - then some product comes out and it's pigmented again. The thing is, I don't want to be pressing that hard on my eye. And I don't like having grey liner - I prefer a dark, crisp line.


It is possible that maybe I just got a bad one, or that I don't know how to use it to like it. But what I decided is I just don't like markery liners. They dry out super fast, drag on the line and remove it and are not pigmented enough. I know not all of them do, of course, but that's just my impression of the ones I've tried. I have always loved the liners that dip into the product inside of the bottle/tube/(I have no idea how you call that) and decided I will just stick to those :).

Price: about 12 zł ($3,03)


Rimmel Lasting Finish Colour Rush Intense Colour Balm

Next is this Intense Colour Balm by Rimmel. I have it in the shade 710 Drive me nude. The reason I bought it is the colour. I was on a nude lip kick at the time and really wanted to buy something pretty, that would moisturize my lips and last me a long time (and this one claims to do all that). I do love the vanilla smell and the finish it gives on the lips (which is shiny, like after applying regular lip balm), but... It stains my lips bright pink!


As you can see on my hand - the stain is a totally different colour than the lipstick. And because of that, after wearing it for some time (like 20-30 minutes), the colour changes and it's no longer nude - it's pink. I mean, I love pink, but if I wanted pink stain, I would buy pink lipstick! Obviously I still wear it sometimes, but not as often as I would if it was actually nude...

Price: 25,79 ($6,53)

So that is all I have for today! I hope you enjoyed. I have a few reviews coming up and I'm thinking of doing a favourites of the month blog post... What do you think? And have you tried any of the products mentioned? What do you think of them? Do you like them? Do you not? Tell me everything! :) xoxo

Sending my love,
Zhastine

P.S You can also follow me on my Instagram HERE, and on my Tumblr HERE.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Blog stats