EMPTIES #1: Too Faced, Nivea, Lirene

8:04:00 AM

Hey guys! Empties is a new series I would like to start. What I would like to do, is anytime I finish some make up/skincare products (about 3 maybe), I would make a blog post about it, sharing my thoughts on them and if I would repurchase. I'm not gonna lie, it is inspired by what beauty gurus on YouTube do, but I love these kinds of videos. I feel like once you've gone thought a whole bottle of whatever it is that you're talking about, you can really tell if you liked it, how you liked using it and if you think it's worth buying. And personally I really love reading reviews before I buy something. So I very much hope someone will like my posts of this kind.


Too Faced "Better Than Sex" Mascara

So a while ago (I think it was the Christmas sale season) I got a little cute set from Too Faced. It contained a mini Better Than Sex mascara and a mini Chocolate Soleil Bronzer. I am still using the bronzer, as even though it's a mini size, it contains quite a lot of product and I don't think I will be running out of it any time soon. But I have finished the mascara and I would like to share my thoughts on it.


Let's start on a positive note: I can honestly say I loved the way it made my lashes look. They were big, long and voluminous. They for sure were longer than after using some of my other mascaras. And I really enjoyed this look, especially as I pretty much never wear false lashes and like big lashes nonetheless. What I didn't like is the fact that after a few hours I was finding little mascara crumbs all over my under eye area, and a few times it even got into my eye. I don't know if I got a bad one or it dried out super fast, or maybe it just does that...? It was really annoying, and because it is a really pricey mascara, I would expect it to be better that my drugstore ones and not to that. For that reason I was not totally happy with it and I am not in love. Maybe the waterproof version they just came out with is not as flaky, but I hear the formula is a little different and not everyone is happy with it.


I give: ●●●

Would I purchase the full size? No, not really. Maybe I would if it was, again, in a set of some kind. I don't really want to spend this much money on a mascara, especially as there are many good ones at the drugstore that I would like to try. So I would not repurchase because of the price.

Price of the set with a mini Chocolate Soleil bronzer: 49 zł (12,61$)
Price of the full size at Sephora: 97 zł (24,97$)


Nivea Moisturizing Eye Cream with grape seed oil

As you can see, everything on my tube is written in Polish, so I'm really sorry, if I translated the name of the cream wrong. It is an anti-wrinkle, moisturizing eye cream for all skin types with grape seed oil. I am really sad I have run out of it, because I really liked it. It had no scent, was really light and moisturizing. Maybe it was not amazing and didn't change my life, but it worked just fine and I liked using it.


I give: ●●●

Would I repurchase? Not now, because I like trying new stuff, but I will remember it as something nice and it is possible that someday I will buy it again.

Price: 23,49 zł for 15 ml (6,05$)


Lirene Moisturizing hand cream for dehydrated skin

This is probably one of my favourite hand creams I have tried. It was really moisturizing (and I have super dry hands), sank in fast and smelled amazing. I really enjoyed its fresh, a little citrusy scent and, together with great moisturizing properties, it was a fabulous hand cream. I was so sad when I run out of it :( As a bonus, it is so affordable!

Lirene is a Polish brand. It belongs to Dr Irena Eris and you can find it in other European countries as well.

I give: ●●●

Would I repurchase? Of course I will buy something else now just because I love trying new stuff, but yes, I would 100% repurchase. I already miss it in my life.

Price: about 5 zł for 75 ml (1,28$)


So that is all for todays post. I really hope you enjoyed and maybe decided that you needed in your life something that I mentioned (I really recommend the hand cream), or that you don't. Or maybe you tried some of these products and disagree with me. I would love to read any comments! What is your favourite hand cream? I really need a new one now ;) xoxo

Sending my love,
Zhastine

P.S You can also follow me on my Instagram HERE, and on my Tumblr HERE.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Blog stats