Minimalistic summer make up

11:38:00 AM

Hey guys!

As you already know, I've been travelling a lot lately. I also haven't been taking too much stuff with me, living on just one backpack for almost a month. Obviously, I couldn't take too much make up with me. First of all, it would take up too much space, second of all, I wouldn't really have time or even want to do a full face of make up while hitchhiking or going near the sea. Because of those reasons, I feel I have finally found my perfect minimal make up. No make up make up, as it is called.


All of the products on the picture above look pretty beaten up, don't they? That's because they've been through a lot with me and served me well. Also, please excuse me for not showing this on my face... But I'm wearing pretty much this make up on THIS photo on my Instagram, with just the lip gloss added.


1. Avon Naturals Essential Balm in Peach & Cotton

I begin (or sometimes end) with moisturizing my lips, and this has been my go-to lip balm for years now. It moisturizes amazingly, smells delicious and looks really good on the lips even just by itself.

2. Dax Sun Waterproof 30 SPF for your face

It doesn't really matter what brand of SPF you use, but I feel it's necessary, especially in the summer. Where I was raised and live now, Vilnius or Poznań, I feel you can get away with not using additional sun protection for most of the year (the one in your foundation might be enough). But I would not skip on that in the summer! My skin is usually very pale and I get sun burned very easily, and I would like to avoid that on my face. Plus I always get tons of freckles and I hear it's even more important to use an SPF if you do.


3. Catrice Allround Concealer Palette

For my face make up, this palette has been my number one. Because of it's thick texture, I feel like the products stayed longer on my face even with all the heat and sweat. I sometimes used the salmon color under my eyes, but mostly I just used the middle concealer shade for everything. Once in a while I even used it on my eyelids to hide the veins. When I was feeling extra glam (;)) I used the darkest shade as my contour/bronzer - under my cheekbones and on the perimeter of my face.

4. Ingrid Ideal Skin Concealer in 10

If I felt the Catrice concealers weren't enough I sometimes went in with this one. I also occasionally used this on my face and the Catrice concealer just under my eyes (because the Ingrid one doesn't have enough coverage).

5. Buorjois Healthy Balance Unifying Powder in 52 Vanilla

I haven't been using this powder for a while now, choosing different ones over this one. Only when I had to pack for my trip I realized how perfect it was for that. It's compact and has a mirror (the only mirror I had and used for doing my make up). I also fell in love with the powder itself. I found it's great for days, when I'm not wearing tons on make up - it adds some coverage and mattifies, it also claims to be good for your skin. I stopped using it because I thought it was giving me cake face, but now I know I was just piling too much make up on ;). I also love the soft scent of it and I know I'm going to be using this whole summer.


6. Catrice Eyebrow Stylist in 020 Date With Ash-Ton

After I'm done with making my skin naturally flawless, it's time to give myself some face features. And when it comes to that, brows are the most important for me. And for doing my brows, I love this pencil. Perfect shade and stays in tact for just enough time.

7. L'oreal Brow Artist Plumper in Light/Medium

After I've tried a brow gel for the first time, I got addicted and I can't live without it (well, I can live, I just feel like my brows are not done without it). I think it makes a huge difference - makes everything look much more natural and stay longer. I also don't add color with the pencil on the inside part of my brows, because I feel it looks too fake if I do, and adding brow gel there makes everything look put together. Oh, and this particular brow gel is great.

8. Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara

And the last step, of course, has to be mascara. I, as a blonde, have invisible lashes and if I don't want to look like a man, I have to put on mascara. This one was mentioned in my May favorites - and I still love it.

And that's it! Eight simple steps that didn't take me more than 5 minutes a day. Perfect for those days when I'm in a rush, but still want to look put together. Sometimes I would also add bronzer and highlight (not during the trip though, as I didn't take any) and that would be it.

Thank you so much for reading and see you in my next post! xoxo

Sending my love,
Zhastine

P.S You can also follow me on my Instagram HERE, and on my Tumblr HERE.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Blog stats