Essence "All about..." eyeshadow palettes

2:51:00 PM

Hello everyone!

Today I'm going to be talking about something really affordable, from a brand that continues to amaze me with their quality every single time. You probably already know, as it's in the title, but I'm going to be talking about Essence "All about..." eyeshadow palettes. I have 3 of those, one being an older version (I believe), so I'm not going to be mentioning it, apart from the fact that it made me buy the other two.

So the two palettes I have are 02 Nudes and 03 Roses. The first thing you might notice is that the writings are rubbing off. I'm not enjoying that, as it makes the palettes look worse, but let's be honest - it's not the most important thing in the world. The packaging is a standard Essence transparent plastic. It's not amazing, but it works - feels sturdy and secure, closes very well, so if you're taking the shadows with you in your make up bag, you can be sure it won't just open and get everywhere. It's also small, smaller than my hand, and because it's transparent, you can easily see the colours inside. It doesn't have a mirror, but it's not a huge con in my book.


As for the formula, I think it's tricky. The shadows are very creamy to the touch, they are also nicely pigmented when you swatch them. But once you try to apply them with a brush, they are not as pigmented anymore. They are also very powdery and you will get tones of powder flying everywhere, and, obviously, fall out. It's better to do your eyes first and then wipe it away or do whatever you like to do to prevent that (use an eyeshadow shield or maybe bake under your eyes first?). Some shades are better than others and you can pack them on and get pigmentation, others just wouldn't really show up.


The shades in my palettes are just like the names claim - nude in the Nude one and rosy in the Rose one (I would prefer it not to be so cool toned though). Let's talk about the Nude first. It contains 6 velvet matte shadows (they are not completely matte, but have a slight, velvet sheen to them): a cream, two cool toned and two neutral browns and a very dark brown that looks like it has glitter in the pan, but it doesn't show up on the skin, a light highlight colour with pinkish shimmer and a dark taupe glittery shadow. The Rose palette only has 3 velvet mattes: a very light pink, a mauve and a darker, cool toned brown. It also has a white and a pink shimmery shadow, a cool toned lilac/mauve shimmer and a purple-ish brown shimmer with a little bit of glitter and a very dark purple, that on the skin looks like it's velvet matte with some glitter.


Apart from the two palettes I have, I know there are two more available: Bronze and Greys. I'm not sure, but I think they are also coming out with some limited edition one from time to time (?), so you should just go to your local drugstore and check for yourself, if you're interested. I have to say, I gave mine away to my mom, because I have many other similar eyeshadow palettes and I just didn't grab it as much, but I do use it from time to time when I'm home.

Price: 17,49 pln ($4,50)

All in all, I would say, if you have other eyeshadow palettes with similar shades, you don't need those. They are not amazing. I like the Nudes more, as I use it for my transition shades - the mattes are pretty good, I also like the cream shade for setting my eyeshadow primer. Unfortunately the shimmery shades are not worth it at all, they barely show up on the skin and there are many other eyeshadows that are so much better. I have to say the highlight shade in the Roses palette makes a nice face highlighter, but it's still just not worth it. I know these palettes are super affordable and if you need these specific shades you can totally go for it, I'm not judging. I bought them because the older version of the "All about the nude" palette I mentioned before was really great, I love it - it contains some of my favourite eyeshadows in my collection. So I guess with Essence shadows it's just hit or miss, and this is unfortunately a miss.

That is all I have for today. Thank you so much for reading, I hope you liked my review, and I hope to see you in my next one!

Sending my love,


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Blog stats