Mission: Finishing make up!

12:36:00 AM

Hello everyone! How are you doing?

Maybe you know that already, but I'm not one of those bloggers that have a whole separate room just for their make up. I don't have a lot. Nonetheless, I think I have more than enough for one person. I get lots of satisfaction from finishing a product and being able to grab another one from my collection and add it to my "everyday make up" set. And today I'm going to talk about the stuff that I'm nearly done with - how I feel about it, maybe what do I think about the product itself. Just the usual.


I like to motivate myself to finish up stuff that I'm almost done with, especially as every time I get to the point when I, for example, hit the pan, I find myself stop using it. I get so scared I will run out of the product... that I just don't use it anymore! And what's the point?


Catrice Prime and Fine Smoothing Refiner

What can I say, it's a primer. I have been using it for quite a long time and it's almost gone - it might appear in my next empties post. If you like silikone based primes, I think you would like it. It also reminds me of THIS primer from L'oreal, and it's really affordable. I might say something more about it when it gets to the empties post (as it will probably empty be soon), now I'm just looking forward to finishing it and using my Nivea Men Post Shave Balm as a primer or Cashmere Secret Smoothing Base.


Holika Holika Clearing Petit BB

It's something I got as a present from my best friend Ema (love you ❤) last spring. It's a Korean product and I have no idea how to get it other than order it online. I have been loving it all last summer, but, unfortunately, had to stop using it as autumn came and I got paler. It is still too dark for me, and that's the main reason I haven't finished it yet, because I love everything about it - the consistency, the scent, the coverage, the fact that it's moisturizing and clearing (good for acne prone skin) at the same time. I sometimes try to use it mixing it with my lighter foundations or just contour with it, but it's too much work for everyday. So I will probably just wait until I get dark enough or self tan and then finish it up - it's also almost gone.


Maybelline Fit me concealer

You can't buy it in drugstores in Poland, I believe, so I bought mine in Lithuania, when I was visiting my family. I was dying to try it, because of all the hype around it, and I have to say I was pretty disappointed. Not because it's a bad concealer - the coverage and the consistency are great. But... I can't use it all over my face, because it's too dark for me! And I have the shade 10, which I believe is the lightest one. Because it's super yellow, I use it on my dark circles and it works great for that, but that means I'm just using a little at a time. It is great, because it last me a super long time, but I also got a little bored... I want to move on and use my new Borjouis Radiance Reveal concealer.


Ingrid Ideal Skin Concealer

It seems like I have bought it just last month, but, obviously, it's been a while. Only because I smear it pretty much all over my face, I'm going to finish it up much quicker than the Maybelline one. I use it as my highlighting concealer. I have it in the shade 10, and it's not the lightest one, but it is pretty light (it does oxidize though). It neutralizes the dark yellowness under my eyes after correcting my dark circles. I also use it everyday and I like it - it was affordable, it's really light and it claims to contain some vitamins and be good for your skin. I'm all for that.


Catrice Allround Concealer Palette

I have been eyeing this for a while before I bought it, just because I wasn't sure if I would use all of the colors, and I wanted it mainly for the salmon color for under my eyes. But it was not expensive, so finally I picked it up. And I loved the hell out of this palette for a few months. You can really see I was using all of the colors.


Around the time I was using this palette, color correcting trend was really growing and I was so glad I had this. I used green for the redness around my nose or any pimples, salmony color was great for under my eyes, I used the middle concealer shade for covering any imperfections and the other two for cream contouring.


Now I'm no longer interested in color correcting nor cream contouring and barely ever grab this palette. It's a shame, because it's really great, but I just seem to forget about it even when I put it in front of me before doing my make up. I will try to use it up, of course, but I have no idea how long will it take me. Even though I hit pat on all of the shades, there's still quite a lot left.


Lovely Silver Highlight

This is my first highlighter I ever bought, so it's very sentimental for me. I have bought it almost a year ago when I was waiting in Warsaw for my bus to Vilnius. And I rocked it all year around. I don't think there was a single day when I would wear make up and not wear this. I loved it. I still do, but there's just not enough left to pick up with my highlighting brush.


Right now I moved on to other highlighting products and I use this as an eyeshadow in my everyday make up. It looks great, but I really think it's time for it to go (I have tons of eyeshadows, I don't need another one). So I will probably be really happy when I finally finish it up completely.


Bourjois Little Round Pot Blush

We are getting a little sentimental in here - this is my first blush ever. I have bought it 4 years ago. It's in the shade 41 Healthy Mix/Bonne Mine and it's a baked blush. It was round and convex once, now it's almost completely flat. Obviously, it was not the only blush I would use during all those years, I have bought myself some more to try other colors, but I don't think I would be able to finish it up even if it was.


It's a beautiful, soft coral, it smells nice, applies nice and it's really hard to overdo. I think it's a great blush for beginners and I'm glad I started with this one. I am currently using it as my everyday blush, so let's see how long will it take me to finish it up!


Avon Single Eyeshadow

If you know Avon, you can already tell it's super old, as it's not even in the right packaging. Now their packaging is black and... just different, I don't know. This eyeshadow belonged to my mom, I basically just stole it from her. Or maybe she gave it to me, I don't really remember. I know I started using it in the summer two years ago.


I have no idea if using an eyeshadow this old is bad for you, but I don't think it is. I'm okay :). And I only use it to set my eyeshadow primer, to create a smooth canvas for my actual eyeshadows. It has some coverage and I wouldn't say it's bad, even though it's really powdery. I like it. The shade is called Classic Canvas and it's literally the color of my skin. This is why I'm not showing any swatches - you wouldn't be able to see anything.


Catrice Eyebrow Stylist

So far, this is my favourite eyebrow pencil I have ever tried. I feel like it really goes well with my hair color, it's also easy to use, you just have to sharpen it from time to time. Originally, it was twice as long, but I have been using it for more than a year now (I think), so it was a looong time... Anyways, it is still going strong and not going bad at all! Also, I love that it has a spoolie.


The shade I have is called 020 Date With Ash-Ton, and I think it's great for ashy blondes like myself. It is also very affordable, like all Catrice products.


Avon Naturals Essential Balm

I use lip balms every day at least twice (in the morning before applying lipstick and before going to bed), and for the last 4 years I was using this. Yes, you read that correct. Four years. It's amazing. I never had any balm moisturize my lips that well, and it also smells amazing! The one I have is in the Peach & Cotton scent.


Can you see how small it is? But this little baby jar was full of the balm (it's technically not a lip balm, you can use it wherever you like). It's almost gone now and I have to say - it will feel good to eventually scoop out the last bit and welcome a new lip balm in my life.


Maybelline Color Sensational lipstick

Mine is in the shade, as you can see, 715 Choco Cream. It's a great lipstick, but I have a love-hate relationship with this shade. It is the first nude I have ever bought and I think it's too light for me to feel comfortable wearing it. There was a time when I was wearing it with some pink gloss from Essence and I really loved it then - this is when I used up most of it. Now I don't have the gloss and there's barely any lipstick left, which makes me don't wanna use it, for whatever reason. Plus I prefer brighter colors for spring and summer.


Like... What do you even do with this little lipstick? Am I supposed to throw it away already? I don't want to, there is still some product left! So I am using it from time to time, not that often lately, because, as I have already said, I prefer brighter colors for spring and summer. And generally I think I just prefer my lipsticks to be either my lip color or darker.


Of course, I will find a way to like it eventually and I will use it up completely, because I wouldn't be myself if I didn't. So wish me luck. And - it looks pretty on my hand, right? It's just that my lips are pretty pigmented and that makes it, in my opinion, look weird, sometimes. I don't know. Like I said, I have a love-hate relationship with it. Anyways, the formula is great, smooth and comfortable plus I absolutely love the scent.

I feel like my posts are getting longer lately, and I am not sure if that's good? I guess I have a lot to talk about, but... do you like it? Is anyone reading the whole thing? Maybe I should split it to parts? Although I feel that would be really weird. Please let me know what you think! And see you in my next post! xoxo

Sending my love,
Zhastine

P.S You can also follow me on my Instagram HERE, and on my Tumblr HERE.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Blog stats