My first Aliexpress purchase: Zoeva brushes

2:22:00 PM

Hello everyone!

Lately I've been seeing a lot of people talking about what they've bought on Aliexpress. I had no idea what Aliexpress was and I actually thought for a second that maybe it's just another internet shop where you can buy fashion and make up items. Well, it's not exactly like that. I'm still not sure, so don't quote me on that, but I'm pretty sure it's a Chinese site where you can basically buy a lot of fake stuff. Maybe not everything is fake, I have no idea, but I think most of the things are. Girls that I saw talking about Aliexpress claimed to be pleasantly surprised by how nice were the products that they've bought, so I decided to give it a shot.


Almost a month ago, on November 12th, I've placed an order for a set of Zoeva brushes. I payed about 14 euros, which is five times less than what I would have to pay on any other site. Because of that reason I obviously knew these can't be real. But I wanted to try different brushes and generally just have more and there's no way I would get 15 brushes for that kind of money, anywhere. And here I also got a bag, which, by the way, is very pretty and I'm totally going to use it when I'm traveling.


The brushes themselves are very pretty. The handles are black with rose gold writings on them - brush name and number, Zoeva logo and "Color. Love. Makeup." on the other side. The metal parts are also rose gold and everything in general feels very sturdy. There is some inconsistency in the way writings are engraved, it looks like some were pressed in harder than others. When it comes to bristles, most brushes are surprisingly soft, but there are some that feel less nice than the others.


I've got six face brushes, which are (from left to right):

# 106 Powder - very big, very soft, I think I will enjoy it for overall bronzing.
# 127 Luxe Sheer Cheek - also very soft, it reminds me of my blush brush from ECOntour, but this one is a little bit more dense.
# 103 Defined Buffer - I haven't tried this one yet, but it feels nice and I think it's for buffing out foundation? I'm going to try it, but I love my Makeup Revolution Pro Precision Oval Face brush so much, I don't know if it has any chances of winning my heart.
# 109 Face Paint - very soft. The shape is a little weird, I've never had anything like this. Works nice for carving out my contour with some bake, but it's too dense for applying the contour itself. I made this mistake and had to spend the next 10 minutes trying to blend out a dark brown streek it created :D.
# 129 Fan - I've always wanted a brush like this, because my fan brush from ECOntour is huge and dense, but I was pretty disappointed, as it didn't pick up any of my Candlelight Glow highlighter by Too Faced. However, I will try it out with something more intense and let you know.
# 112 Face Curve - this one seems to be a traditional, flat foundation brush. Feels nice to the touch, I bet I'll find a way to use it.


And these are my nine eye brushes (also from left to right):

# 234 Luxe Smoky Shader - it's one of those that feel less good quality, but I enjoyed it while using it. I love these kind of brushes, very nice. I think I will use this a ton.
# 230 Luxe Pencil - luckily this one is very soft, so I won't scratch my bottom lid :D. Perfect size, I needed that.
# 228 Luxe Crease - not as soft, but works nice for the crease. It's soft enough, plus I think it will get softer with washes.
# 310 Spot Liner - I tried lining my eyes with this one, but I didn't like it at all (I usually use a nail art brush from Avon for my gel eyeliner and absolutely love it), so I will have to find another way to use it. I'm sure it will come in handy in any detail work I'd want to do, as it's so small, but probably not in everyday make up.
# 142 Concealer Buffer - it's technically a face brush, as it's made to be used for your concealer, but I only like blending concealer with my Beauty Blender, so for me it's an eyeshadow brush. And, by the way, it's great for blending your transition colour with. So soft.


# 322 Brow Line - I've never had anything like this and I wanted to, as I like carving out my brows with concealer every day. This however seems to be too wide, making it hard to control... Nonetheless, it's nice and soft and I'm sure I'll find a way to use it.
# 227 Luxe Soft Definer - this one is also not as soft as some other ones are, but I love the shape and enjoyed using it so far.
# 226 Smudger - I'm very happy to have this brush, as it's perfect for packing on cream products onto the lid. I also see it working beautifully for my L'oreal pressed pigments, but it even did a great job on the Half Baked shade from my Urban Decay Naked palette. Love it.
# 317 Wing Liner - I wouldn't use it for winged liner, as I don't like these angled brushes for that, but I love them for many other things and I'm sure I'll use it a lot. It's also very soft.


Overall, I'm very happy with my purchase so far. I have to admit it was a bit of a impulsive move and I did regret it a little before, but now that I've tried them, I'm glad I have them. For any of you interested, I bought it from HERE.

I really hope you like this blog post and maybe it was helpful in some way, even if it was just being an excuse for a break from your everyday struggles ;). Please leave me a comment if you enjoyed it or on what you think about Aliexpress, about these brushes or anything in general.

Have a great day!

Sending my love,
Zhastine

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Very detailed and informative! Keep up the good work! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm glad you liked it! ♥

      Delete

Blog stats