My New Year's Resolutions 2017

12:57:00 PM

Hi my loves!

For the past two weeks I've been spending a lot of quality time with my family, which is the reason why I haven't been posting - neither here nor on my Instagram account. Thank you so much for your patience and for not abandoning me ;). I'd also like to send you my best wishes of health and happiness in this new year 2017. I can't believe it's already here and we're all on to a new beginning :). Yeah, I don't really believe in that - I consider every single day, every moment to be a new beginning and a great chance to start working towards your dreams. Nonetheless, I decided to go with the trend and write down some of the things I want to do or archive this year. It's not going to be everything, as I also have some that are more personal and I'd prefer keeping them to myself, but these are the ones I wanted to have listed on my blog:

1. Eating healthy. I've been trying to eat healthy and take good care of myself for more than a year now, but I had my ups and downs. Last month was a "down" in my opinion (all these delicious Christmas foods...!) and I would really want to get back to eating well. It's really important to me not just because it's been a big trend to "be healthy" lately (which is a good thing, of course), but also because of the huge difference I notice every time I'm consistent with my diet. I feel much better, I have nearly no stomach issues, my hair and skin looks better and I also loose any additional fat I gained from eating too much sugar.

2. Be more consistent with my beauty routine. Usually I love my beauty routine, I find it relaxing and the results satisfying. But, as any human being, I'm lazy and there are times when I skip some steps I consider to be less important. I would like to try and change that - always oil my hair before washing it, scrub and moisturize my body more often, do masks at least once a week, etc., etc..

3. Stop buying things I don't need. I don't have a lot of money to begin with, so I have no idea what makes me think I need a million and one lipsticks of the same shade. Yes, it mostly goes for make up, but I don't want to waste my money on other things I don't need neither. You might be thinking - how am I going to write beauty posts if I don't buy new make up? Well, I'll do my best ;).

4. Reduce the amount of make up in my collection. Obviously, mine is not as big as you can see in some youtubers' videos, but it's still too big for just one face. There are a lot of things that are just piling up in my drawers waiting for me to use them, especially as I've added quite a lot of items in this past year. Now, as I'm not going to buy anything new (unless I run out of it completely), I'm going to focus on finishing up stuff that is almost gone, this way reducing the amount of make up that I have. I believe this will make me more satisfied with what I have and feel more in control of my life :).

5. Focus on the important things. I'm going to graduate this year, which means a beginning of a whole new chapter of my life. I want to focus on my studies and work harder to be happy with my end results. I also have to finally decide what I want to do next and go in that direction. This also means getting a job. All of this sounds like a lot of hard work ahead of me, but I'm actually really excited and full of positive thoughts.

6. Read more. I used to be a bookworm - reading was one of my favourite things to do, which also led to me writing a lot of my own (usually unfinished) stories. In the past few years I've been reading less and less. Having a lot to read for my university made me tired of it and forget how much I used to enjoy it. This year I want to remind myself how amazing of an experience a good book can be. I know I might have a lot going on in my life so I've set a goal of reading at least 12 books this year, which is one per month, but I'll obviously try to read even more.

7. Write more blog posts. Or at least be more consistent with it! I'd want to write at least one blog post per week, and have some pre-written for when I might have no free time or no internet. Maybe this will help me gain more readers ;).

This years' Christmas tree in Vilnius, Lithuania.

So here are all of my New Year's resolutions that I wanted to share with you. Please share some of yours with me and fellow readers down in the comment section! Maybe we'll inspire each other :). Anyways, I wish you best of luck, have a great year!

Sending my love,
Zhastine

Follow me on my INSTAGRAM

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. While reading this post I was like: 'well, that's all about me' ;) it's so hard to find time for this little things, but at least it's worth it. So wish you best of luck, and keep it going!(;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best of luck to you too! ♡

      Delete

Blog stats