10 things I will NOT buy again

4:52:00 PM

Hey guys!

You might have noticed I stopped doing "Empties" posts, I also skipped on some monthly favourites. That's because most of the products I try are neither terrible nor amazing and I'm not sure if reading about numbers of "meh" products is that interesting. I also mostly use the same stuff everyday, so why mention it a hundred times? This is why I decided to only write about things I really love, and things I really don't like - keep everything more exciting that way. Today I'm starting off on a negative note.


I've tried two of Bielenda make up removers and I hated both of them. They were not terrible and removed my make up okay, but I'm used to my favourite hydrating Bioderma, so it's hard to impress me.

Esencja Młodości. Moisturizing Micellar Liquid for Cleansing and Make Up Removing was not moisturizing at all. My skin felt very dry and tight after using it. However, the main reason why I don't like it is that it stings my eyes and this is why I'm not going to even finish it up.


Bielenda Cotton Double-Phase Eye Make Up Remover was not great at removing even non waterproof eye make up. It also left a weird feeling oily film on my skin after using it, which is why I also ditched this one. Now I use both of these to remove swatches.


Having smooth, moisturized lips is very important to me, which is why I scrub them quite often, sometimes even a few times a day. So when I saw this Precious Oils Lip Scrub in a lipstick form by Eveline, I really wanted to try it. Unfortunately, it left me disappointed. 


It did scrub my lips, but not enough, and I was always using a lot of it at a time, so it didn't even last me long at all. It was also too much of a fuss, smelled like plastic and tasted weird. I like the idea and can see it being useful to someone else, but I prefer my usual ways. A toothbrush or some sugar mixed with lip balm makes a much better job in my opinion.


I've also recently tried this Avocado Oil & Shea Butter body moisturizer by Nacomi. It's 100% natural and great for people with allergies. It's also very moisturizing and can be used on wounds. Why don't I like it then?


Well, I do like it. I just don't like how much time it takes me to use it. It comes in a solid form, so you have to scrape some out and melt it with the heat of your hands. Even then, it's not that easy to spread all over your body, you really need to work it in. It's also very greasy and you can feel it on you for a long time. It's great for my dry skin, but I won't buy it again, because it's just too much work. Obviously, I can see it being great for someone who needs it and doesn't mind additional effort.


Now let's talk about make up. I've recently tried Garnier BB Cream. I've tried some Korean BB creams in the past and this is not what it's supposed to be like. It's very sheer and gets cakey super fast. What is more, other products don't layer well on top of it. It's also quite greasy and makes my skin very oily very fast. If it only had SPF, I would consider using it on my nearly no make up days. But it doesn't, it has no skincare benefits, so we're saying buh-bye to this one.


I also tried using Wet 'n' Wild Coverall concealer and unfortunately had to stop. It has nearly no coverage (and I need at least some!). I also couldn't build it up, as the new layer would remove what I have already applied. What is more, even though I bought the lightest shade available, it's not light enough AND it oxidizes (which means it gets even darker after some time).


This Kiko Radiant Touch Creamy Stick Highligher is not a bad product, it's just not for me. If you like natural highlight, you might like it, it's pretty. But because I prefer my highlight to shine bright, I barely ever grab it.


I tried using it as a base for my powder highlighters, but I realized it's a waste of product, as it doesn't really make a difference. I might just pass in on to someone else.


Rimmel Scandaleyes eyeshadow stick in 002 Bulletproof Beige is also not bad, just not for me. I've bought it before I realized I don't really like cream eyeshadow. I tried using it as an eyeshadow base and didn't really like it. Then I started using it on my waterline, but now the tip is too fat for that and sharpening it feels like a waste. I will probably search for other ways to use it and if I don't find any, I might just pass it on to someone else. But I think it would be nice for someone who likes simple, one shadow looks, or just eyeshadow sticks in general.


This might be an unpopular opinion, but I also don't like my Maybelline Color Tattoo gel-cream eyeshadow in 35 On and on bronze. For the same reason - I don't like cream shadows. I just find them annoying. The color is beautiful and they do stay on for a very long time, but I just can't find a place for it in my everyday make up routine. Maybe if I had one in an ivory shade, I would use it as a base, or if it was more shiny/glittery, but this one is just not for me.


This Kobo Matte Liquid Lipstick in 405 Passiflora Tea smells amazing and is a beautiful shade. The problem I have with it is that is claims to be matte and it's a gloss! Not only that, it's the most drying gloss I have ever tried. It only looks good for about 20 minutes after applying. Then it fades and leaves your lips dry and flakey. I absolutely would not recommend it to anyone!


The shade is really pretty and looks nice in photos, but I never choose it as my lip color of the day. Which is why I might pass it on or just get rid of it.


That is all I have for today. Thank you so much for reading and I hope you enjoyed! Be sure to leave me any of your thoughts in the comment section below. See you in my next post!

Sending my love, 
Zhastine 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Blog stats